Sunday, April 10, 2011

the little boy went to the lake one day
caught some little fishes but the big one got away
mom called him in for lunch at noon
not yet, he said, I'll be home soon

when his bait ran out he started using meat
when that didn't work he dangled in his feet
a big white catfish grabbed the boy's toe
pulled and yanked as far as it could go

boy found himself in the middle of the lake
boy held on but it was more than he could take
with one final squeeze he let go of that fin
and the fish took off with a wide toothy grin

the fish swam circles around the little boy
the boy got mad. "I'm not your bathtub toy!
I came out to conquer and I won't leave till I'm through.
I'm taking you for supper - I'll take care of you!"

the boy pulled the fish out with just one hand
he took him home and threw him in the frying pan
the family sat around the table after they'd ate
"What a big fish you caught. It was worth the wait!"

No comments:

Post a Comment